FINANCE AND BANKING LAW
As a firm we understand that the arrangements our clients put in place with regard to banking, finance and security will be inextricably linked to the completion of their corporate or real estate transaction. Through our highly experienced partner led advocates, we provide guidance to our clients and prepare what can be highly technical documentation, without losing sight of the client’s commercial objectives. Our banking & finance lawyer offers keen insight into providing practical and innovative solutions to your financing, financial services.
We act in relation to all banking matters, including on acquisition finance for corporate transactions, asset-based lending or real estate finance. Our advice is primarily for entrepreneurs, high net worth individuals and owner-managed businesses, joint ventures, partnerships or fund structures. Whilst we often act for borrowers, we also act for lenders in the Kenyan market.
We also work on the financing of real estate transactions whether in relation to development or investment facilities. Our priority is to provide the best possible advice to allow consideration of all applicable financing options, to incorporate your preferred commercial terms, and to complete all relevant documentation within the planned timescale.
Our services include:
- Legal advice in relation to restructuring and negotiating effective lending arrangements
- Legal advice in relation to investment and development facilities
- Legal advice in relation to restructurings and refinances
- Legal advice to borrowers in connection to distressed debt and the analysis of options on how they can move their business forward
- Representing borrowers and lenders in acquisition financing, secured lending and asset-based transactions
- Preparation of agreements, contracts, guarantees, deeds, Memoranda of understanding
- Creation, perfection and protection of securities