EMPLOYMENT AND LABOUR RELATIONS
At Nzamba Kitonga Advocates LLP we represent clients on both divides of the employer-employee contractual relationship. Our dedicated team of employment and labour advocates has a wide-ranging knowledge and experience in all areas of contentious and non-contentious employment and labor law including employee benefits, large global share plans and tax-efficient strategies and pensions.
We have an excellent record of handling high-profile disputes, regularly engaging in employment and labor civil court cases and tribunal advocacy, as well as advising on sensitive severance issues and boardroom disputes, class and collective bargaining agreements, corporate governance and whistleblower claims and more standard disciplinary and grievance issues.
Likewise, our lawyers have substantial transactional experience, and are highly skilled at helping our clients effectively manage the employment and labor law aspects of multi-jurisdictional corporate reorganizations, mergers and acquisitions. We have a diverse client base across the key industry sectors of financial institutions, construction, government agencies, NGOs, transport, technology and innovation and life sciences and healthcare.
Our Services include:
- Advice, litigation, drawing and reviewing of Employment contracts
- Advice and litigation related to Employee Benefits
- Collective bargaining issues including trade union recognition and negotiations
- Advice on Discrimination and harassment claims in the work place
- Advice and litigation related to maternity, paternity medical and annual leave
- Advice on whistleblower laws, retaliation claims and related cases
- Legal advice and representation in relation to Wrongful termination, notices, compensation in lieu of notice
- Advising and representing employers, employees and unions in relation to Collective bargaining
- Advising and litigating Wrongful dismissal, unfair dismissal, constructive dismissal
- Settlement and alternative dispute resolution
- Drafting Employee Share option Plan (ESOP) agreements